I have a few quick notes to share about upcoming events and new routines in our classroom:
1. Tuesday is our 100th day of school. We will be doing several activities related to the number 100. Please have your child finish his/her 100th day crown and bring it to school by Tuesday morning.
2. We will celebrate Valentine's Day on Friday in our classroom. Have your child bring a decorated box (see note from your child's take-home folder) by Friday morning. Children will be given time to pass our Valentine cards and/or treats to each other that day.
3. Please click the new IXL tab at the top of my web page if you are interested in having your child practice math at home.
4. I recently uploaded more pictures to the webpage under the "Photos" tab. Take a look!
5. We just started a new routine in Team Ward to practice basic math facts. We are calling it a "Math Mission." I am hoping that students will become very fluent with addition facts, similar to how we become familiar with our sight words. Look for more information as your child makes progress through the various levels of this program.
6. If you are interested in volunteering in our classroom to help students during reading or math workshop on a regular (weekly) basis, please let email me the day/time you might be available. I have some new ideas to implement using parent volunteers if you're available.
Thanks again for all of your support at home. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns. Have a great weekend!